Saturday, April 30, 2011

Madison's 2nd Birthday

I can't believe she is 2 years old already! I think she still has multiple personality disorder. One minute she is so happy and playing nicely...the next minute screaming wildly and throwing punches. She looks at me devilishly as she runs from me at the store, them screams like a banshee when I capture her and buckle her in the cart. She adores Ashley...as long as Ash let's her do whatever she wants and never steals her toys. She has become QUITE attached to her white blankie, "B" as she calls it "BB" for Binky. "B" gets dragged everywhere on the floor and accumulates roughly 2 pounds of dog fur daily, then she rubs her face in it and snuggles...ugh. When I try to steal it away to wash it she screams like a crazy person. I tried going to get a second one at Target, but they only had it in pink. I bought it anyway thinking the background color would not matter. I was wrong, evidently it is too clean, too pink and too pretty for her. Ugh again.
She is finally starting to eat well. She gained quite a bit of weight between 18 and 24 months. She refuses to use a high chair, so apparently food tastes better in a big girl chair with no bib. We are working to just use Binky at nap time and bedtime, so far 1 week in OK. Maybe total removal this summer:)
She has become enchanted with the training potty. When we are at home I put her in pull-ups with no pants and all she does all day is pull them down, sit on the potty, wipe with TP, and pull them back up....ALL DAY. No actual pee mind you...I suppose it is still too early.
I told Dave before she was born I wanted my second baby to be more snugly...now I'm eating my words. "Hold me" are Maddie's favorite words 24 hours a day. Makes it hard to get things done when she wants to snuggle all day.
Maddie, even though you can drive me crazy on any given day, you also make me laugh as you dance in circles with your eyes closed and sing your loudest to songs in the car and wave your arms like you are conducting a symphony. You are my sweet baby and I love you.
These photos are her professional 2 year pics from Foto Fly in Draper. For $80 you a get a CD with all the images to use as you please. They do a fantastic job!
The second slide show is photos of her party at our house with the family.

No comments: